Xinput1_3.dll error is most commonly noticed while starting or running a program. It can also be noticed while starting Microsoft Windows OS or shutting-down the OS. There are certain disadvantages associated with the xinput1_3.dll error issues. The system will slow down, and it might become totally unreliable as well. You should diagnose the issue in a systematic way, and the best fix should be chosen so that the issue will be resolved on a permanent basis.
Common error messages
The error message will be displayed in several ways. It might be displayed while starting a game or application. When you come across any .dll error message, you should take steps to resolve it at the earliest so that it will not impact the performance of your system.
The most common xinput1_3.dll error messages are listed below:
Xinput1_3.dll file not found
File xinput1_3.dll not found.
The file xinput1_3.dll is missing.
Xinput1_3.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.
Link with Microsoft DirectX
If there is an issue with Microsoft DirectX, xinput1_3.dll issues will arise. DirextX software contains main files along with xinput1_3.dll. The file will be used by most of the graphics programs and windows based games. Hence, it is quite common that xinput1_3.dll errors will be displayed when you are using these programs. System expert can resolve the issue or it can be resolved yourself by following the troubleshooting steps in a systematic way.
Fixing xinput1_3.dll errors
- When you notice the xinput1_3.dll error for the first time, you should restart the computer. In most of the cases, the issue will be resolved immediately.
- If you suspect error association with Microsoft DirectX, you should install the latest version of DirectX. If you update to the latest version, the issue might be resolved. In some cases, the latest updates are released by Microsoft without changing the version number. Hence, you are advised to update the software.
- In some cases, you should want to install the Microsoft DirectX from the software CD given by the gaming application. There will be better fix with such experiment than going for the latest version. You should try this option if the update from the Microsoft website fails to resolve the issue.
- The game or software application should be uninstalled and re-installed. If there are any issues with the program files, the issue will be resolved in an effortless manner.
- If the issue is not resolved by performing the above troubleshooting steps, you should try to extract the xinput1_3.dll file directly from the DirectX software package. The file can be extracted from the downloadable package.
- You should also update the drivers for the video card if you suspect any issue with the graphics card. However, you will not come across to this scenario in most of the cases.
The Microsoft OS right from Windows 98 might be affected by xinput1_3.dll error issues. If the issue is not yet resolved after performing these steps, you should backup the data and OS and other software should be reinstalled.